Monday, March 1, 2010

Corporal Malone


Sometimes life is very ironic, as I type this post about my brother going to war, Pandora plays a song which says, "America I gave my best to you."

This is my little brother Jake. I think he is an amazing kid. He left for Afghanistan on Friday. His status right now on Facebook say, "I'm in a cold country, which I can't even pronounce!" He really is giving his best to America. He is an outstanding Marine. We are so proud of him and all of his hard work.

Tyler and I were very lucky to spend some time with him on President's Day. Since this was our last outing together for awhile, I wanted to do something boys would like, so we went shooting! Here are some pictures.


We are really going to miss Jake! We wish him the best of luck on this new journey. Our prayers are with you. We love you!

3 comments:

  1. We really will miss Jake tons, and wish him the best. Now to your car. I think the advice you should have taken from dad was not that things could be worse, but not to take your eyes off the road, or driveway! How the heck did you do that?! I am seriously crying tears of laughter. You are lucky you have Tyler and even luckier that he is understanding. Love you guys! Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok maybe you don't know about our scooter crash but um... i had no idea about this! oh and i did call you when i got home yesterday but it went straight to voicemail. but just remember- validation. oh and jessie saw the celine movie and it is just killing me. she told me all about how celine is a wife first, then a mother, then a singer. and basically just loves her. and ah... can we go?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. GO JAKE!! THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO TO KEEP US SAFE!

    There are no words to express the deep gratitude I have for people who serve and sometimes give their lives for this amazing country!

    WE LOVE YOU! GOD SPEED!

    ReplyDelete